View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #76
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
EZ-RJ45 are popular because of the time savings, and most of the time they're not an issue. However, I know numerous manufacturers that want you to remove these short cuts as soon as you call them seeking tech support. Some say these void their products warranty. The worst part is usually the problems incurred are sporadic and intermittent, but the problems go away as soon as you use conventional RJ45s. Keep this in mind if you experience anything wonky.

A quick web search brought up this topic on the Control4 forum, but I'm confident you can find others. https://www.c4forums.com/topic/19045-ez-rj45/
Yeah. I've read all about the issues you've pointed out. But never heard of actual cross talk/interference issues using these jacks. I'm just really careful of making sure the conductors are pushed down correctly into the individual wires and the ends are cut off appropriately.

I had a bunch of headaches using the traditional RJ45 jacks where inevitably one wire isn't seated all the way into the end of the channel of the jack and I would have to redo it. It's not a problem if you don't care about keeping wiring twists as close to the RJ45 connector. But I'm anal about that.
Appreciate 1