View Single Post
      12-30-2022, 08:03 PM   #10
rtadams1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

Quick rundown of my cleaning routine:
I don’t wash my car nearly as much as I should, probably every 2 months? Rims and paint (not brakes, of course) are all ceramic coated. My usual routine includes cleaning brakes and rims with Meguiars wheel cleaner (non-corrosive) and lightly (green nozzle) pressure wash everything off. It’s amazing how much dust/dirt comes off. If I don’t have time, I run it through the local touchless car wash. Also, I use Back to Black on the tires to make them shine.

My lease is up and it looks like I’m going to turn in my X5. I just don’t trust this particular set of brakes but I like these SUV’s too much to give up. My dealer is working out a favorable trade for a new ‘23 X5 M50i. Yes, with the M-sport brake set up.

Thanks for the aftermarket suggestions. I need more information on which brake pads to use. It seems like a good idea to switch out the brake pads pretty quickly on the new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerbarn View Post
Probably would be best to go to another shop at this point. You have a couple of options ... get different pads (isweep IS1500 or similar) and/or have the rotors burnished to remove the uneven deposits.

Out of curiosity can you share your vehicle exterior maintenance habits? How often do you wash and what method?
Do you use wheel cleaner and what kind (such as an iron remover like Adams Wheel cleaner)?
Do you use tire dressings? What kind and how do you apply (spray on or pad applied)?

Any of these things can affect the braking performance ... ie through contamination of the pads or not adequately cleaning out the brake dust buildup.

Last edited by rtadams1; 12-31-2022 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 0