09-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #9
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Again, I think you are missing my point. I am not arguing whether CA needs help or not. There are merits, just as you say, for an argument either way. Some of the problems are results from CA politics and some are not as well.

The problem lies, however, in that the political leaders of CA have been very vocal against the Trump administration and the vitriol is endemic. They shouldn't be at all surprised that Trump might not wanna give them any money after they have been so spiteful to him in the past.

Now, with respect to your comments about this petty bickering between Trump and California - I agree that it should stop and it is petty and pedantic and has no place in legitimate business. Where I disagree with you is in who is to blame. I 100% feel that both Trump and California government officials are equally to blame - straight 50/50. Irrespective of who anyone feels 'started it first', both sides are poking each other with sticks. I agree it should end, but I also understand the reality in that it isn't going to end anytime soon.
I'm not sure on the blame percentage and to me it doesn't matter as it just stupid. The only thing I would say about Trump's actions or any President regardless of political party is that they are supposed to be the President of all US citizens. His going after California because it's leaders don't like him and yes are out of line in some of the things he calls them highlights his worst character flaw.

Way , but I might be heading down to SC in the next few months for M School. I'll PM you if I get it set up and see if we both have the time (or if you are interested) to get a beer. It would be fun to talk to some you guys in person. Also, I'd have no problem heading up there as that area is one of the most beautiful in the country.
MKSixer23206.50