Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Thank you. That is very helpful. Let me check on that tomorrow.
In the meanwhile, I had a word with the SA today again and he clarified that the 8K discount includes BMW loyalty bonus. I told him that the loyalty bonus comes from BMW and not him so I would expect that to be over the 8K. But he said that is not possible. I may have to try what you suggested below.

People in the group talk about conquest in addition to BMWFS rebate. I wasnt able to get much info about it. I am having a discussion with finance tomorrow. Any info will be helpful.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Rebate as I recall is about $2K and you only need to borrow $7.5K and you can payoff after 4 months. Strikes me as a great deal.
Don’t know how sales tax is calculated in your state however you might be better having dealer increase discount $2290 vs making your final three lease payments. Lowering your net price may lower your sales tax.
My theory is you push until they say “no”.
Good luck.
Based on this change, what is dealer discount %'age? (Excluding mfg rebate but including lease payments their making).

Dealer discounts vary by region, model, local market, dealership, salesperson and moon phases. Their is no precise dealer discount %'age. I considered anything over 8% "reasonable" and 10-13% "acceptable". However this was market and time period (December) I was working within and initially most dealers came back at 5-6%. It was only when I indicated I intended to finalize a transaction immediately did we approach 10%+ range.
Appreciate 0