12-04-2019, 09:05 AM   #13
TXPearl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
I'm a nut, and manually check the psi on all my tires weekly!! Haha
Another issue I have with the recommended 39/45 psi, is bc that's for five passengers and/or luggage. What's the recommended psi for just a driver and passenger?
I just took delivery of my 2020 X5 M5.0i. I have the 22" wheels with non-RF tires. Delivery tire pressures were set at 44/49 (F/R) and the ride feels harsh. When I check the tire pressure levels in iDrive, it also show the 'recommended tire pressure' which matched what the dealer used. From that same iDrive screen, I can 'set' the tire type and speed rating. It was set to all-season tires, and I changed it to summer and set the speed to 100mph+ (why not?). After making these adjustments, the recommended pressures went up to 49/52.

For comfort, I'll probably play with some lower pressure levels, but I don't like to deviate too far from recommended (although I recognize the recommendations are probably biased toward safety/liability avoidance).

FYI, I keep the tire pressure screen as one of my 8 preset buttons so I can easily check it.
Appreciate 0