View Single Post
      12-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #14
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPearl View Post
I just took delivery of my 2020 X5 M5.0i. I have the 22" wheels with non-RF tires. Delivery tire pressures were set at 44/49 (F/R) and the ride feels harsh. When I check the tire pressure levels in iDrive, it also show the 'recommended tire pressure' which matched what the dealer used. From that same iDrive screen, I can 'set' the tire type and speed rating. It was set to all-season tires, and I changed it to summer and set the speed to 100mph+ (why not?). After making these adjustments, the recommended pressures went up to 49/52.

For comfort, I'll probably play with some lower pressure levels, but I don't like to deviate too far from recommended (although I recognize the recommendations are probably biased toward safety/liability avoidance).

FYI, I keep the tire pressure screen as one of my 8 preset buttons so I can easily check it.
My ML350 shows 45/48 on the door sill, but 32/32 on the fuel panel. I asked my SA about that and she said the door sill is for Europe meant for autobahn driving at full load, where as the fuel door shows US spec "every day" driving. Not sure if that sheds any light on this situation, but found it interesting there's such a spread on "accepted" tire pressure for that SUV.
Appreciate 0