owine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X5 x45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromatix View Post
Hey guys,

First post here, though been lurking for a while.

I'm right about to pull the trigger on my next car (2021 X5 M50i). This is my second BMW order, and this time, I've been really really thourough in my research about options, customization, Individual, Manufaktur, after-market, etc.

Now that I've pretty much sorted what can and cannot be done, I'm nearly ready to go.

However, I've noticed (with the ordering/pricing guides on here) that every single options of the car (STD or not) are coded (ZGU, 1PA, etc.) and that there are WAYYY more in the ordering guide than what my dealer "quote" shows me.

I understand that the quote is basically "X5 M50i" + whatever options/package I've chosen from the pool of 30-40 options available from the configurator. But naturally, the standard options are not explicitly mentionned.

With my past experience (discovering while sitting in my brand new 80k$ 435xi that the car didn't have Remote Start...) and some thread I've read on here (that standards options have somehow shuffled a bit), I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I had an extensive list of every options with every codes included in my order plainly stated.

So my question in short, is this:
What do you guys normally get from the dealer before giving the go signal?
Actually CAN dealer offer such an exhaustive order description?

Thanks for your precious help and to every one contributing to this board. It's a real stash of awesome information!

-Nick
My dealer provided a full build sheet from the order system. It was titled "Vehicle Inquiry: Design/MSRP" and listed each and every feature plus the code. For packages, it listed the individual items included in the package. This was as detailed as items like tire pressure monitor, garage door opener, daytime driving lights and even decoding anti-dazzle.
Appreciate 0