08-09-2019, 12:09 AM   #13
ddelX52019G05
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 40i, Audi A7 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Well my dealer shafted me and did not do the update as requested, gave them a list of 15 bugs with idrive also - are you guys just asking for it or are you referencing a particular issue and they are doing the upgrade?
My dealer seems to understand the value of bringing the car to most recent stable release. When I arrived at the service department they scanned my key and had a print out indicating a newer release of the SoftWare (SW) was available. I asked them to install the most current release as I understood it offered both better stability and some feature enhancements. I did not need to site any specific concerns to get the update, but that is a good strategy.

I get impression that bringing the cars to the current build is their preferred way to help the service team and customers, when I did not get the August update I asked why and that's when the service tech noted that sometimes new software introduces new issues which can sometimes appear to be mechanical failures; they can spend unnecessary time tracking down issues only to learn it's a SW related problem, which is frustrating for both the service team and the customer. Especially when the solution means waiting for the next SW release, hope they do a better job quality testing the upcoming releases especially when they move to over the air updates!
Appreciate 0