12-21-2022, 01:11 PM   #21
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
lol... in the audio world Bowers and Wilkins is like a Rolls Royce... whearas Bang and Olufsen and Harmon Kardon are at best BMW 3 series.

Meh. B&W, B&O, HK. Don't make a fuss, in the automotive world, these are all incremental upgrades from Harman international across various brands.

... and Harman was bought by Samsung several years ago.

So, Harman-Samsung owns/controls the following car audio brands/systems, as well as several underlying technologies in the automotive world:

AKG
Harman/Kardon
Infinity
JBL
Lexicon
Mark Levinson
Revel
Bang & Olufsen (licensed)
Bowers & Wilkins (licensed)

I see no point in ranking "3 series equivalents" when they're all being manufactured by the same company.

At each level, there are incremental improvements and better audio of course. No doubt if I had a B&W or B&O system over my HK, I would love it, but that doesn't immediately mean the HK system is "suited for a Civic" or something.

With others though, I wouldn't toss B&O or B&W grilles into my car when there are no relevant components. The blanks would be OK in my humble opinion because they look cool. Suppose it's equivalent to badging your car as an M320i. Not my car though so my thoughts don't really matter for OP.

Btw, this is not to knock Harman-Samsung at all. I previously had a great HK home theatre system, but it eventually died. I went to Vizio surround-sound bars, and they all bugged out after a year. This time I bit the expense and did a Samsung atmos system and it's fucking amazing (probably because they're using Harman components ).

Last edited by timmahh; 12-21-2022 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 9
Blue Angel1026.00
Kstoff125237.00
Kingpin4386.50
sevenn64.00
DNYC1919478.00
realdah57.00