View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 12:35 PM   #1
Gentlemen Driver 7
Registered
Rep
Drives: Too many

X5 Blueridge Mountain

Hello!

I finally got my brand new x5 40i and i'd like to show it to you in this particular yet very elegant color.

Ext: Blueridge Mountain + 22" Individual Multispoke 745 rims

Int: Sensafin Black + Alcantara Headline (it's a must!) + Ash flowing grey wood matt trim

The car has almost all the options except for the soft close doors and variable air suspensions. Also i didn't went for the Msport because come on guys, it's an SUV. One thing i would have done differently is the sound system. I went for the almost 5k optional Bowers n' Wilkins but it doens't sound any different nor better than the Harman/Kardon, so my advice (if you're not a sound-phile type of guy) is to just save money on that system and go for the air suspensions and soft close doors. That was a pretty big mistake honestly. In all fairness the air suspension feels better when cruising at low speeds, while becomes wobbly in fast corners with consistent body roll. The standard suspensions absorb all the potholes pretty well but the difference when compared to the air ones is noticeable, also the car feels more direct, almost sporty (which isn't always a good thing on a luxury SUV) so yeah maybe that was my only mistake. Soft close is a must as i found the doors to be pretty heavy, so people will smash them to close em... In-built fragrance diffuser is also a must, to get all the right emotions out of the car you need to tickle all your senses!

All in all i'm very happy with the car, also being a "normal" 3.0 6cyl petrol engine it doesn't have all the complexity of a hybrid system.. i think i can't have electric powertrain issues if i don't have an electric powertrain, right?

I've tried all sort of luxury cars for long periods of time, let me tell you in all fairness that this X5 is above em all. Hands down the best out there right now. So happy!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
chicagofan0019306.00
LDT1613.00