10-28-2016, 10:23 AM   #70
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Really:
Went to Wharton
Own more Apple stock then my net worth

Are you a drunk to pull those lines on me?

I was clear with dollar amount to learn how online brokers work, I was clear with minimizing risk and importance of steady income.

Was it when I said fiduciary responsibility you got angry?

Photobucket isn't working now, because I wanted to post a ACCOUNT MARKET VALUE statement that sitting on my desk now, but would have been foolish to stoop down to that level.

There's a good book titled 'POUND FOOLISH Exposing the Dark Side of the Personal Finance Industry' by Helaine Olen. To say "I own more Apple stock then your net worth" - that's the dark side, that is some classless mouthing off.

I reiterate what I said. If your young, open an online brokerage account, open a TurboTax account.

And I have no qualms about naming stocks, it's how you learn and get ideas.
I also am extremely careful or watchful about fees charged by the financial industry. I wasn't sitting here saying how wealthy I am or how to make $250,000 in three months. I have about three post on this thread and it's conservative advice for a young person just starting out.

Another tidbit about investing and this is important. At some point in your life you may decide to get a financial advisor. And they'll tell you they went to Wharton. And you be sitting thinking they're a graduate of the University of Penn Wharton School of Business and they graduated at the age of 22.
You know the NFL sends players to Wharton for a seminar on how not to be a dumbass, and they have these EXecutuve programs for peeps in the business to enhance resumes. I don't know about our guy above - but there's usually a more mundane backstory.

Finally, one of the books recommended in my response early on was by Bogel founder of Vanguard.

Last edited by overcoil; 10-28-2016 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50