View Single Post
      10-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #72
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
To be fair, there is value in most of the suggestions on this thread, but all in moderation.

To be actively involved in a high volume of trades on short term investments and do it properly is time intensive and certainly not something that I can do when my work ramps up. That's a combination of both time and the intense mental focus that I need to have at certain times. So, while I do play around with some riskier venture like investments, I do not risk any of what I consider my core assets and I wouldn't suggest anyone else do it.

There are much less time intensive and safer ways to build wealth through sound investment strategy. It might not offer the quick gains that ScottSinger suggests are available, but are consistent with my longer term goals.
Like to point out that in my early post the suggested references were books that are very respected and about not being too foolish.
I do think the process of opening up an online account, picking and buying stocks is a supreme way to learn how that aspect of the investment game works.
I'd rather see a young guy invest in a company he likes, either have gains or loses, receive proxy material and learn.
As time progresses then so will knowledge, gaining fundamental knowledge is important.
Appreciate 0