View Single Post
      04-16-2020, 09:17 AM   #7
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
I would be very surprised if the dealer didn’t refund your deposit given the unprecedented circumstances. If they do, they will likely earn (retain) a customer in the future. If they don’t, they’ll be dead to you (would to me). I don’t think you will have to go to the mat...if the dealer has any leadership.
Sorry OP, I just realized that I only answered one of your two questions (regarding the likelihood of getting your deposit refunded).

Regarding your other more fundamental question of whether or not you should still go forward with the purchase...man, that’s really dependent on your personal financial situation and risk tolerance. If you felt comfortable that this black swan event was just a temporary setback to your cash flow and your income level would substantially rebound within XX months, perhaps you still do it and feel fine about it. However, if you have no such comfort (as you noted), you may not really enjoy your F95 ownership experience nearly as much because are going to be stressed about that financial commitment every time you see the car. It will resemble an albatross instead of a beautiful beast!

From your user name, I’d obviously guess you’re a dentist and while I’d imagine things don’t look good in the immediate future for that industry, I have no doubt that the need for dentistry services aren’t going away forever. So the real question is probably whether your current financial position just demands that you just wait 6-12 months before you jump into a $120k+ in order to pull the trigger.

I’m in a similar, but different boat. I have an F95 on order, but did not put down any $$ for a deposit. I am still employed...for now. However, I don’t feel particularly secure in my job, so I am hesitant as well. Obviously, if I get triggered before the car arrives, I can always just decline to buy it. I’m just not making any decisions right now because I don’t have to - nothing is getting produced for a while. As the calendar turns, I’m hopeful that my visibility and certainty on things will improve.
Appreciate 1
dds007411.00