07-06-2020, 08:31 PM   #47
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
I'm honestly considering moving out of the Suburbs and into a more secluded area.

I live in a pretty cookie cutter neighborhood currently, HOA, security, the whole deal. And have honestly liked it this way for years, but, with current events, I am considering moving to north FL area where its less populated and can build out a decent house for about half what mine costs currently. Might even do a nice garage and wash bay or something if I find a good enough deal.

Anyone else considering a move next year sometime?

This isn't even COVID specific, but rather just wanting to get away from the masses in general.

The only issue that my wife has brought up, is schooling. Not sure how the schooling and social scene are going to be in the sticks and really don't want to do any home schooling.
Yes, we are thinking about it. Kids are grown, so school is not in the picture. Employment is the main consideration at the moment, meaning where we live probably needs to be somewhere near a medium-sized employment market (metro area).

Another factor is that I am not particularly fond of tying my capital up in land and buildings. Prices are too dear for me at the moment and I prefer more liquidity than would be the case with a real estate investment.

On the fence we sit.
Appreciate 0