Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hksr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkyPalky View Post
Why don't you go test one? The thing about forum reviews is you don't know if the guy complaining about ride quality is a 60-year old obese person with horrific back problems to begin with.

Others have said ride isn't so bad at all, especially if you're coming from other M models.
Wish I could, but I live in a small town with one Audi, one BMW, and one Mercedes dealership within 200km. They're also small dealerships so they have at most 1 X5M or X6M in stock at a time. No test drives because they need to keep them pristine.
I've sat as a passenger in both cars - in fact both 2019 versions. The RR is more comfortable for a passenger. I think BMW X5M seem more passionate about their car and are much more brand loyal - at least tells me the ownership experience has been great for them.

Best case is to drive both and make a decision. I think the interior of the RRS is more comfortable and seems more spacious. I have a fully loaded X5 50i (Individual leather, B&O and DHP) and it isn't nearly as luxurious as a well loaded RR 5.0 V8.
Appreciate 0