View Single Post
      09-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #5
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

I have this problem. It's driving me nuts.

I've taken the X5 to the dealership, they kept it for four days, lubed the seals, worked the gummifledge in, etc., tried it in different temperatures, etc., and said they fixed it. It didn't help. Driving home from the dealership after four days it was still there. I've purchased gummifledge as well, and tried pulling back the plastic molding and lubricating in there. Doesn't help. To me, it sounds like the molding is creaking when flexing (I can press against the molding and make the same sound). The speaker cover also flexes and makes noise as well.

I've asked them to replace the molding and speaker cover but they told me they can't under warranty for noise. I'm about to purchase the parts myself.

The rest of the car creaks and rattles, but this drives me nuts because its in my left ear. I'm pretty much only enjoying driving this car if I turn up the volume on the stereo loud enough to drown out the creaks. That's fine half the time, but if I want to listen to a book or drive in silence, it's like a slow, aural torture.
Appreciate 0