View Single Post
      02-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #18
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You couldn't pay me enough to drive the stupid Jag "V6". Talk about 'I coulda hate a V8". Well, you do, and you don't.
[IMG]https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...000728034a.jpg[/IMG]
Sure it's not ideal from a sportscar POV, but it's a bit similar to getting a bmw with a 2,5L where there is also a 3.0L, where the 2,5L has a smaller stroke and there is still unused space in the block. (whereas did they make a bespoke 2,5L the block would have sat lower in the chassis). Still its a good engine power/torquecurve/responsiveness wise.

Obviously the V8 would be better, but it doesn't come with a manual. If only......
Oh well, then a Corvette it must be
If tech features/decisions with a reason is important to you, the corvette is interesting, as it is so different to other sportscars. (but not worse, just different)

I think a nice 911 with an engine generation that doesn't have the huge elephants in the room (IMS, boring score etc) is out of the budget. One could argue that a 911 is difficult to work on, but that also goes for just about any modern turbocharged car.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-11-2020 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0