03-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #8
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Whizz UK View Post
I've played around with IFTTT for home automation (turning lights on and off at set times etc). Anyone got any interesting ones for the BMW?

As an aside, I've not managed to get any of the location based ones to work either, so any hints/tips from gurus welcome!
I have one IFTTT automation, but IFTTT is very slow. My automation triggers the hallway lights to come on if someone rings the Ring doorbell (because IFTTT supports Ring, not apple).

I have a bunch of lutron caseta light and fan switches all over the house. those are Apple HomeKit enabled. You can set up very complex automations with HomeKit. Such as:

whenever I or a family member who has an iphone is within 500 feet of the house AND its dark outside, THEN turn on the laundry room lights and hallway lights and leave them on for like 10 minutes and turn them off. This is our evening routine to light up the pathway. I cant do any of that with IFTTT. HomeKit is good, and once you get it to work right its very stable so if I add to our devices I'm gonna be adding homekit devices.

In the meantime I'm trying to learn how to code better for these automations for carplay, i'll update this thread with more stuff as I get it to work.
Appreciate 0