natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
You cannot seriously compare Lexus to BMW. Lexus is just a fancy Toyota.

Great review, X5 left them all in the dust 😀

I would love if they would do a comparison with Cayenne, I think Cayenne us the only real challenger to the X5.
After driving a BMW for four years, I’ll be interested to see my feelings on driving competing cars. My highlander and the new ones have very fast v6 engines. My old one handles great, and has no repairs in 80,000 miles. And the 2020 tech looks similar to BMW at first glance. Exterior styling is very nice also.

For a long-term car, the Lexus would be much easier to deal with in terms of future repairs. I have a Toyota dealer nearby who could service it, unlike the BMW which is 90 minutes away.

I’m planning to trade at four years when the warranty expires because I’m not sure I trust BMW repairs to be reasonable if I kept it for a long time - we drive all our other cars into the ground, and I don’t particularly want a new car every few years.

Also, I’m retired. My accounts are off the charts at the moment, but I know that won’t last. The stock market is paying for this car, but in four years I might not feel as good about taking on perpetual payments (unless the market is so bad, it makes more sense to buy outright).

Lots of factors to consider, but for now I love my BMW, and might decide to become a lifer - hard to say!
Appreciate 0