10-29-2021, 11:40 AM   #10
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
X5, despite no longer being a driver's car, is the objectively best vehicle in segment. Easily the best car for the money. The RR Sport wins in style-factor but leases terribly and driving dynamics/interior are sub-par.

I've only driven the Cayenne V6, which I found to be competent but not "fun." Certainly better driving dynamics than the X5, but not worth the price IMO. They are pretty bland looking, very common, and easily sit on dealer lots at prices well above loaded X5s.

Personally my choice would be the RR Sport due to style/uniqueness factor alone. It possesses a panache the others do not. Less of a mom car than the others.
I agree with you! Interestingly I have owned the last gen of all of these! The X5 is indeed the best value for money. But I have a soft corner for the RRS only because of how much I enjoyed it. On ski trips in any weather conditions, or trips to the beach, the RRS was the most comfortable because of the interior space, the rear seats and an absolutely amazing sound system. The Cayenne S was great to drive as a DD, but was not good in the snow and just not as great for road trips. The only reason I didn't get another RRS is because they are expensive, difficult to find and very difficult to get discounts. Even used ones are very expensive. The X5 is all around the better value...and in fact when my wife decided to pre-order the BMW iX to replace her Model Y, one reason was she felt the iX was more like a RRS. Go figure!
Appreciate 0