06-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #330
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I can see how it's a sport you have to have played to appreciate watching it without tons of scoring. This would be a big reason why it fails in the US.
it's funny cause a year ago I actually saw an article written about why Soccer isn't "big" in the US, and lack of goals was one of the defining reasons. I agree this is likely one of the key reasons, as seen by some of the comments here, but imo its absolutely stupid.

I NEVER watch basketball and it doesn't interest me in the slightest, especially the fact that you can have 80+ goals in one game to me it's just pointless

Soccer on the other hand for example you take USA vs Algeria, thats 90 minutes of just both teams agonizingly trying to score and then a score in the 91 minute thats awesome. That's like watching a movie with a happy ending.

But if the happy scenes are every 30 seconds it kills it......

Anyway different people have different opinions but frankly if you're upset that there arent enough goals or that the games a draw, you watched too many happy movies as a child and can't handle the real world
Appreciate 0