04-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #18
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaDZL View Post
Hey Cuda,
Yeah I ran across that thread you started that list on. Im at 107k...but I just did the big stage 3 switch....plus Im slightly worried that I lost a pump of some sort and that may have contributed significantly to the failure. So I wasnt sure if mine belonged in that group (even though Im on the top end of the failures)
I think your car does belong in the group. If your water pump seized up, the bearing would have been squealing or making some sort of noise leading up to failure. You won't know for certain until you have it all apart. My bet is the water pump is fine and will spin freely. I sort of wonder if your pulley was at the hair trigger point of failing and then you went for stage 3.

Cortego 80001103 follow on story. First here is a web site that is in german but I was able to put it in the cart (but with one trick).
https://www.motointegrator.de/warenkorb/

This German vendor's site didn't work right if you click the translate to English button. I couldn't put the part in the cart. I used an ap on my phone to translate from German to English real time using the phone's camera. I then was able to do all if the transaction mechanics with the site in german "mode". My motive was to get the final cost shipped to my doorstep.

I'm hesitant to recommend the Corteco 80001103 as we can only go by what was written in some Russian forums. Those forums say that dampner failures are more common on diesels (thanks again Lexx). My point of mention is I found a German website that showed this part for approx 219 Euro (converts to $247 USD according to Google). I even put it in cart and did the Paypal option and it came up to $254 delivered to my house. I did not do the confirm on Paypal though i.e. I didn't buy it. I'm looking at buying a spare for if/when mine goes bad.

Omaha, this would have to be on you as to whether you trust Corteco. Are they the real manufacturer and BMW name is ground off? I've read stuff that says it is but I can not guarantee that. One other important point. I do not know if this motointegrator website is selling the updated damper or the 1st generation Cortego. I just ran into the paralysis by analysis wall and stopped.

Ultimately, I guess I wasn't willing to risk $254.
Appreciate 0