View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 07:43 AM   #4
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I don't have this one, but I want it now. I tend to go with wood top anything for my work space, but I do no form of metal work/fabricating. That stainless top will get scratched and beat up from just general use. If you plan to use it a lot, it will only be beat up even more. Another reason I tend to go with wood, it can be sanded down and cleaned up. Depending on what grade of stainless it is, will also determine shear modulus and chemical resistance. Oddly, the description doesn't give details on what grade of stainless steel it is. In my experience, generally stainless on tool boxes, such as this, are usually 304 (but not always). It will scratch up pretty easily, but it will be corrosion resistant. Something else that caught my eye on this one, is the casters. I buy a lot of tools and tool boxes for work; I always look at the casters and the how the connections for the casters are made. All too often manufacturers of tool boxes spend their budget on trying to create an awesome tool box, but drop the ball on the casters. The majority of the tool boxes I am currently replacing, no longer have the ability to roll. Husky spared no expense on casters on this one.

If you decide to shadow foam, get in touch with me if you need advice or have questions.
Appreciate 1
iminhell13914.50