View Single Post
      12-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #17
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK1 View Post
I disagree with your strong opinion but understand that audio quality is very much a subjective thing. I found the HK system “ muddy” and lacking “clarity and punch”

I had the Bavsound speakers installed and am very pleased with the results. To my ears there is distinctly more “separation” and “mid range punch”.
I actually have HK system in my M2, and while it certainly sounds flatter than the B&W system, it actually sounds pretty good to my ears, and while its flatter it also has less distortions than B&O, L7, or B&W, in fact it has no distortions. But then HK system in the M2 might be different than HK system in the G05, as BMW's audio branding designation is weird.

Quote:
I have ordered the Bavsound subs with the understanding that the installer will attempt to remove the HK subs with reasonable heat and force application but if he feels that he can’t remove them without damaging the housing he will abandon the job and return the Bavsound subs. There’s still some limited but acceptable risk in my opinion.
Not sure what you mean, did I miss anything? Why do you need heat and force to remove stock subs?

Quote:
It’s not the first time that I have disagreed with someone else’s opinion on car audio. I guess this illustrates that we all hear audio differently but in my opinion the Bavsound speakers are certainly not “garbage” and are a worthwhile upgrade.
No problem at all, I've disagreed with people regarding audio systems myself in the past. Bavsound midranges sound ok, but there are certain frequencies where they horribly distort, I'll find a video for you to demonstrate.
Appreciate 0