Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2022 BMW M440i  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
I actually have HK system in my M2, and while it certainly sounds flatter than the B&W system, it actually sounds pretty good to my ears, and while its flatter it also has less distortions than B&O, L7, or B&W, in fact it has no distortions. But then HK system in the M2 might be different than HK system in the G05, as BMW's audio branding designation is weird.

Not sure what you mean, did I miss anything? Why do you need heat and force to remove stock subs?

No problem at all, I've disagreed with people regarding audio systems myself in the past. Bavsound midranges sound ok, but there are certain frequencies where they horribly distort, I'll find a video for you to demonstrate.
Apparently the HK subs are glued into the housings on the G05 and require heat to remove them. Bavsound warn of the possibility of damaging the housings when trying to remove the subs. The replacements are, not surprisingly, expensive.

Several people on this board have successfully done the removal and install but it’s out of my comfort range/skills. My installer who is an experienced Bavsound dealer and installer will go slow and abandon the project if they feel more heat or force could damage the housings.
Appreciate 0