View Single Post
      12-08-2020, 11:31 PM   #3
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Disagree 100% Hankook is a Korean brand, which are all quite decent.

Unless you are chasing down hundredths of seconds on a racetrack..... there really isn't a huge difference between American brands, European brands, and even Korean brands.

It's the CHINESE brands you have to avoid. And, be careful,.because they don't all have "Chinese" sounding names.

Why? Tires are tires, right? Nope. Here's a few reasons why Chinese tires should be avoided:

1) China has ZERO regulation on manufacturing processes for Chinese brands.

2) China uses "whatever" is cheapest to make their products.

3) You could buy 4 identical tires, and they could be made from 4 completely different rubber compounds. One will be soft like pencil erasers.... the others will be made from the same material they make bulldozer tracks from.

4) All those chinese brand tires on ebay? Are from companies that have already closed up shop, and re-opened under a different brand name. You can't return them. There is no warrantee (even if they say there is.... they lie).... and you can't sue them when they fail and kill your family..... because the company doesn't exist.

Now.... I may get some "China makes plenty of good things.... stop being so racist" comments here..... and yes, there are plenty of good things made in China...

.... IF THEY ARE CONTRACTED TO MAKE THEM by a non-Chinese company. (Apple, Samsung, etc). At least then, the company has oversight, quality control, and accountability. In that case, yes.... Chinese products are fine.

If it's a Chinese company, with a Chinese brand name (or no name at all)..... Don't do it. Especially not wheels, tires, brakes, or anything that your family depends on for safety.

Hankook? Makes very decent tires. I bought a set for my wife's Hyundai Tucson, that my entire family commutes in daily.
Agree, Kumho is not that bad either (also Korean company).

I didn't know X5s came with Hankook also? I thought it was either Pirelli or Bridgestone.
Appreciate 0