View Single Post
      08-15-2023, 01:45 PM   #89
jpw172
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm50e View Post
Also have 2024 50e with 21" Hankooks (staggered). Struggling with ridiculous amount of what seems to be road noise from the front left (just like jkramerxxx7 describes) and difficult to hear if you are in the passenger seat. — especially loud on mediocre to poor roads. Finally had dealer install vibration dampeners but initial drives do not seem to show any improvements. Very disheartening as otherwise the car is great. Drove similar 50e with Bridgestones (same size) and noise was no different. Has anyone figured out if it is the runflats or the tire size or both. Very expensive to switch wheels and tires out. Any insight is appreciated. Impression I am getting from the dealer is that this is the way the car is. As most 50e's are pre-sold, difficult to find a test drive of one with 20" tires to see if there is a difference.
I test drive a 50e before I bought mine, it had 20”, I believe conti’s or Mich were on them and did highway and city and didn’t have any noises. I can report back when I pick mine up…
Appreciate 0