View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
mbarrett635
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

My cornering lights now work . . .

My windshield cracked from a rock on the highway, so I took it in to the dealer to have it replaced. While I was there, I also complained of three other issues:

1. Cornering lights not working
2. Collision Avoidance warning never comes on -- possibly not working
3. Phone/Carplay constantly dropping/reconnecting

Today I got a call that my car is ready (except it's not -- picking it up tomorrow), and the cornering lights are now working. What? I didn't expect that, but what occurred was that the techs at BMW NA remotely upgraded the software on the vehicle, and cornering lights are now working. They believe the other issues are fixed as well, but I'll have to drive it some to find out. I may also wind up getting a new iPhone to replace the old iPhone 5SE that may be contributing to the issue. We'll have to see how that plays out. I'd be getting the car back today, but for another issue. When they prepped it for delivery, one of the service people scratched the wood panel in the center console (I have the Anthracite Poplar Matte wood). It's taken this long for the replacement part to arrive, but it coincidentally came in today, and I told them keep it one more day and fix everything.

When I get it tomorrow, I'll definitely take some photos/video to show the working cornering light. But it seems it can be done!

Just to be clear, I have the optional laser lights. When I took it in and they wrote it up, one of the service advisers questioned whether I had cornering lights or not, and looked up the build for my X5. Apparently not all of them have it, and she referenced an email from BMW on the subject. Obviously laser light equipped cars have them.
Appreciate 6
Xeno315.00
X51990.00
760Lifan450.50
skullman132.50