07-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #1458
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post

When our oldest dachshund, Bella, was about 2 we took her to a 4th of July party. When the fireworks started she panicked and started hyperventilating. She never got over that. Fireworks or thunder would immediately send her into a panic. She was like that for the next 12 years. One time I came home from work after a thunderstomr and she was gone. I looked everywhere. Finally found her in the bathtub with shit everywhere. That was a bad one. She's now 14 and has lost enough of her hearing that she just doesn't hear the low frequencies anymore. Problem solved, I guess.
My Fiance's parents dog is the same way. One year during the fireworks, the dog took off in a panic into their 10 acre pasture out back in the dead of night. We each took off in separate directions frantically looking all over for the poor little thing. Finally found her curled up in a ditch right near the creek. At first her dad thought it was a racoon, but as he got closer there Reba was, just cowering in fear. Ever since that I refuse to take my dogs to any event with fireworks.

My goldendoodle absolutely hates fireworks or really any loud bangs, he usually runs up to our room and hides under our bed. Meanwhile our bernedoodle is so dang stupid that she has no idea what is going on lol, doesn't bother her one bit. Only thing that gets under her skin is when I raise my voice at her, poor thing gets so scared, and even if she did something deliberately wrong I always feel bad lol.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3509.50
Rmtt8211.00