View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 04:03 PM   #1469
quick6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So for you experts out there...I have a question since I am a new pet owner. My wife has always had them.

Our Mini-Schnauzer Axle thinks he's superman. Doorbell rings...he's ready to attack. He's also a high strung dog.

The other night I was awoken to him all up on me trembling uncontrollable. I was like what's wrong little dude, then I faintly heard the "beep" of one of our Smoke Detectors in the house that indicates the battery is dead. So I got up and changed it.

Next morning we are sitting on the couch watching car shows at 4:00am and this commercial comes on about this "turbo transfer pump". It "beeps" when it's done. He heard the beep and headed straight to my wife in the bedroom.

So I am thinking by this time...that frequency bothers him. SO anytime later that day when I seen the commercial....I turned the channel long enough for it to pass.

But then last night....the low frequency boom of a firework went off...and he did the same thing. Just completely shutdown. My wife put him in her lap and wrapped him in a cocoon.

What's odd is that the bass of our TV system never affected him and still doesn't.

It kills me to see my little buddy like that. We have him one of those Thunder shirts" that is supposed to calm him...but haven't tried it yet.

Anyone else have that issue with a small dog? Aside from what I described...he is wide open all the time and just had his vet checkup. He turns 2 on July 4th.

Any other time.....he's fearless.
These dogs are pretty hyper as a general rule-I've had 4 of them and they love to attack other dogs and the doorbell. Maybe that beeping sound hurt his ears or reminds him of something bad from his puppyhood. I had one that didn't want me to touch his feet and I figured he must have been pulled out of his cage on a puppyfarm. They never forget these guys! Hope he gets better.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3509.50
Rmtt8211.00