View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Road Trip out East

After a little over a year with the X5, finally got a chance to stretch its legs (much needed too, severely under-miles on the lease... thanks covid). Overall I'm thoroughly impressed with it, and that's saying a lot because I tend to be critical about things in general. I'm really hard-pressed to find faults.

My impressions on my first road trip with the G05:
  • This car is a road trip dream. I always appreciated how smooth and quiet it was, but I was blown away by it on this road trip
  • Acoustic glass is absolutely incredible. In previous road trips, passing a large semi you would hear it howling. In this car, the passing a huge semi is barely audible. Here's to hoping acoustic glass makes a comeback in subsequent models
  • Air suspension was also excellent. On straight highway road you feel like you're gliding across the road. Patches of uneven pavement that should unsettle the car are barely noticeable.
  • In the twisties, dropping it into sport+ mode firms everything up nicely so you can take the corners with some level of confidence. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a sports car, and I was wholeheartedly missing my 3 series, but the X5 did an admirable job.
  • I didn't fully appreciate the seat massage until I had been sitting for hours. Normally where we'd have to stop just to stretch our legs, we could prolong the drive just a little bit longer by turning on the massage.
  • Driving assistant also helped tremendously, especially on the long, boring stretches. The car more or less driving itself was a game-changer for such long drives.
  • The heated and cooled cupholders actually work! Our morning coffee stayed warmer, longer. And our water bottles remained cooler, longer as well. They don't cool down a warm beverage or warm up a cold beverage, but if you've got an already hot cup of coffee, the heated cupholder will help it stay warmer much longer than if it were a regular cupholder.

I'm currently at my destination so I'll have more pictures whenever we head back home.
Attached Images

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima

Last edited by wtwo3; 10-28-2020 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 2
Paladin15556.00
sahajesh2294.00