02-18-2020, 10:41 PM   #57
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
+1

It's treated as much more of a privilege elsewhere, like in Europe. We used to see someone driving shitty and joke that they got their license in a box of Cracker Jack...and sadly, it's not far from the truth.

It's all driven (get it?) by selfish and narcissistic parents. The parents are eager for the kids to be able to drive themselves around, and especially for the older ones to be able to drive the younger ones around. The parents want drivers' license exams to be a rubber-stamp. That way they (the parents) can focus on...you know...important shit...like spending an extra 6 or 8 hours a week under their bosses' desks. Or driving themselves an hour each way to take a Pilates class from the hot new instructor. Or taking the buxom new admin out to happy hour. Anything other than - God forbid - spending time with their kids. Even if it means the kids are shitty drivers and a hazard to themselves and their fellow motorists. It's totally worth it to be able to spend a couple of hours swilling beer and staring at the new admin's tits.
It begins a lot earlier than that. I'm astonished by the number of "parents" which just zone out at various kids places such as playgrounds at restaurants and indoor playgrounds. Every time I go to these places with my daughter I see most parents with their attention else where. Many of them with their beaks buried into their smart phones. Totally oblivious to the bad behavior being exhibited by their kids towards other kids.

I remember one indoor playground where one of the parents complimented me on the manners of my daughter. That's because I'm watching her and on her immediately when she gets out of line. Meanwhile I witness time and time again where the absentee parent's kids are out of control. Knocking kids over, being overly aggressive with getting on certain play equipment, and being physically abusive. I almost lost my $hit with this boy today when he started to physically hit my daughter. Thankfully, the parents jumped on him quickly. So I calmed down. That's not always the case.
Appreciate 4
Salty Dog3572.50
MKSixer34171.50
JasonCSU699.00