Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel1500 View Post
Hello,

Your question is STILL valid.

I also want to get started, but maybe not BimmerCode.

Is BimmerCode the most versatile product?

What are the other options?

What can be coded? I want the following:
  1. Start / Stop override
  2. Air recirculation always on
  3. Video running on the big screen
  4. Have SMS read to me and dictate replies
  5. Have email read to me and dictate replies

I don't know where to start. There REALLY should be a subforum on coding. Man, that would be useful.
Bimmercode will do #1, 2 and 3 for you.
For #4 and 5 you need to setup the car's Personal Assistant to give you those features.

Other things I've been able to code via Bimmercode is:
* Configure Assisted Driving View (ADV) - where the Instrument cluster shows surrounding cars/traffic around you. This is damn awesome, I dont know WHY BMW doesn't configure this in Australia????
* Sport Plus driving mode - since we dont get that on the 30d from the factory.
* Alpina Instrument cluster - which looks really cool, much better than the standard BMW cluster.
* Disable the driving warning on iDrive at startup - bloody annoying, as you have to press the iDrive7 dial every time at startup to get rid of it.
* Configure "Adaptive" driving mode as default at startup, in lieu of "Comfort" mode.

Its very easy:
1. Buy a Bluetooth based ODBLink LX/MX/MX+ adapter module. This plugs into the car's diagnostic/ECU port in the driver footwell.
2. Get Bimmercode App on your phone. (I use an Android/Samsung s10)
3. Plug the OBDLink adaptor into the diagnostic port.
4. Press the Start/Stop button in your car three times in quick succession to put the car into Diagnostic mode.
5. Put your phone into "Flight/Aeroplane" mode, then enable only Bluetooth.
5. Run Bimmercode. Your phone will use Bluetooth to connect to the car through the OBDLink Adapter. Once connected, you will see the ECUs supported for the G05 listed.
6. Start coding !

Good luck !
Appreciate 3