kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtadams67 View Post
I have to say I feel the remorse as well. Even truning off all the driver assistance this car wants to drive like grandma! Not trying to say I am a thrill driver but I was in the left lane with the cruise on and someone in the right lane slowed to make a a right turn. My car slammed on the breaks for no reason. I get they need to be conservative with all the self driving tech, but, it is beyond protective. I know it is a good car and a lot of posts are good at saying get used to it an enjoy it... it is just tough when you know it is a BMW and you should be able to drive it and not have it act like its a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. At least the ride is great and for the month of January I got over 100MPG!
V/R
Glen
Reduce the automatic braking distance /sensitivity in settings. Also you can power through any automatic braking warning with the accelerator or turn it off altogether.

I have a 2022 M4 that I wring out. And I have a 2021 X5 45e that I can wring performance and handling out of when needed with the paddles and anticipating what drive mode I need to be in. Most of the non-traction-related driver intervention aids are reduced or turned if in both my cars.

I’d expect the 50e to be better than the 45e. But drivers need to know their cars and how to tweak settings to get what they want - it’s worth the one-time effort to do that.