Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
That's the point though. You get the sports car and SUV, each for their dedicated purposes. Why sacrifice both fun and practicality in one package when you could have both excel in what they are meant to do. X5, GLE or Cayenne to drop off the kids and go to ikea and all the boring stuff. Miata, BRZ, or (insert used sports car) for actual fun with manual transmissions, lighter curb weight and great handling with no compromises. That's what the wife and I did over an X3M, Macan or GLC63. We did GLC300 for boring but practical stuff and Z4M for weekend fun.
Fair enough but my motto is that cars are expensive, so you may as well get what you truly like. An X3 30i fulfills the family priorities as well as an X3M, and for most people the extra cost of the M doesn't make sense.

But I speak frequently about my parents' E70 X5 M sport which they sold not too long ago and how much of a damn blast that car was to drive. Unfortunately the two generations of X5 have had their driving dynamics neutered, but that E70 showed me that a family SUV can be fun as well. May as well try and find one that puts a smile on the face.
Yep. I had one of those too. Great car.
Germanauto9665.50