View Single Post
      07-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #25
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Thank you for answering my question. The federal tax credit of $7500 is tempting. I am in California so there may be an additional state tax credit on top of the federal credit, but if i can't get a plug installed at my parking spot then the 40i is going to make more sense for the reasons you stated.

The 45e is just starting to show up at dealerships in the US now. I also don't like that i can't get some of the options that are available for the 40i like acoustic glass and full merino leather.

My build for a 40i has a MSRP of 82k and the 45e is 81k. Decisions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Yes it is worse.

The regenerative charging by braking is minimal. It wil only give you a couple of extra miles.

Doesn't the Prius basically drive electric all the time and charges the battery with the ICE if necessary? I think this is another concept.

The ICE will only charge the HV battery if it is low or in sport mode or if you force it to. But this takes more energy than it stores. So it makes no sense.

You can charge the battery to 100% and drive electric. But this will use more fuel than if you would just drive on fuel.

Better buy a 40i if you are not able to charge. The engine has more HP in the 40i and in the 45e you will basically drive around with 250 Kg of batteries in the trunk that you will never use.
Appreciate 0