Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welfarebum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
For your mountain trip I think I would put it in sport mode. In that mode it keeps charging the battery to certain level. You can see if the battery goes down to much you can still put it in preserve battery mode.

You can select charge / preserve battery mode instead of sport and it will charge the battery to a selected % (up to 100%). Charging is quite fast. Much faster anyway than charging on a charger. I tried it this weekend fuel economy when driving 100 km/h went from 9 l/100 km to 14-15.

If I make a trip to the mountains in the winter I want a completely charged battery to be able to pre heath the cabin for a week. I can't charge the battery on a charger where I go skiing.
Ah, this is good news. I know the 45e is slow to charge (7 hours) when plugged in. I didn't know if it was also slow to charge when using the ICE for recharging. But if it recharges quickly from the ICE, then the vehicle will be ready for the next steep mountain pass.
How long is the climb uphill? I don't think you will empty the battery that fast. It is quite large.

And if you go at a constant speed I don't know if you need full torque all the time.
Appreciate 0