View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 09:52 AM   #13
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
If the firm ride is a concern, you might also want to look at the X5 M50i. It can be ordered with air suspension and has enough performance (523 hp) for most people. If you like your V8 RR Sport, you will love the X5 M50i.
I was just about to say the same thing. The BMW equivalent of the RRS V8 is really the X5 M50i (not the F95 which is more extreme). I suspect combination of comfort and performance of the M50i will impress you quite a bit compared to your current ride.

I’m 7 months into my F95 ownership and, candidly, I don’t really share the same complaints about ride quality. I absolutely love the ride - firm, but compliant. The conditions of the roads around me are generally pretty good compared to the Northeast or Midwest, so perhaps that’s the reason for differences in perspective. My wife had a 2017 RRS V8 Dynamic for a few years and while we both like the looks, exhaust note and the straight line speed, it is not a driver’s car in my opinion (i.e. transmission, handling, body roll) which is why I much prefer the BMW.

Just to say it, you should drive the F95 for yourself before making any decision.
Appreciate 4
Tenac4539.50
AlexFL7837.00