View Single Post
      01-13-2024, 08:15 PM   #10
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post

These two tires are both the same spec "size", but clearly not the same actual size.
Your URL was malformed, here it is. Have no clue what those are and don't really care as they have nothing to do with the conversation or passenger car tires. There is a standard way to measure the tire/section width. Deviations from that are very small and only due to manufacturing differences.

"Section width is the measurement from inner sidewall to outer sidewall when properly mounted, inflated, and without vehicle load. The measurement is in millimeters and doesn’t include ornamentation molded into the sidewall such as the lettering, protective ribs, and similar extensions that aren’t part of the structural sidewall."

"Measuring the section width of your tire requires beginning with it mounted onto an appropriately sized wheel with the correct wheel diameter and rim width for the tire being measured. The tire must be inflated to the proper air pressure but not mounted onto a car or truck for measurement.
Measurement is performed using a tool that can properly span the entire width of the tire and accurately contact the widest point on each sidewall.
Official measurements are performed with the tire mounted to an industry assigned measuring rim."

https://tiregrades.com/tire-anatomy/...dth-on-a-tire/

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 01-13-2024 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0