View Single Post
      08-10-2020, 01:05 PM   #16
parkstr8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 MSport Arctic Grey

Actually, the front caliper on it is big enough and has a flat enough space to have a high quality BMW heat resistant decal applied/coated. It's the right color, too.

I won't bother with any brake upgrades until after these have worn out. Its a lease, too...and with Covid I work from home and am driving so little compared to my usual.

I make myself drive 20 min everyday just to keep it moving.

RE the brakes...even with the Sport brakes, the front has a great caliper, but the rear is just a painted small meh version. SO again - pretty meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I've actually STUDIED at great lengths, all the different methods of re-coloring the calipers.

Powder coating is best, but requires downtime, and significant mechanical work to disassemble them.

None of the "spray" methods work..... at all....

The Auto-Zone crap in a box..... is even worse.

There's new stuff though..... G2 caliper paint.... that is a high-temp epoxy paint, and if done right.... holds up very well. I've read so many positive reviews and tutorials, I bought a couple kits myself, and will be doing it shortly.

If it doesn't work.... well.... off to the powder coater. But, I'm pretty confident about it.

Unless you want to disassemble and powder coat, that's the best method on the market.

Car looks great. Following.
Appreciate 0