View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 06:28 PM   #29
CarniVert
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Wow, I can’t believe that there is nobody here with an 2021 M340i, X4 or another newer vehicle that did not tried to charge the battery…
Picked up an M440i Convertible a few weeks ago and hooked it up to the CTEK MXS 5.0 that I used on my last BMW. I immediately experienced the noises and activation sounds every couple minutes as described in your thread and other similar threads.

The common theme in most of the threads is that the behavior doesn't seem to occur with 25A or higher chargers like those used in mechanic shops or showroom floors, so I went ahead and purchased a CTEK PRO25S battery maintainer to hopefully confirm a solution.

I connected the PRO25S, hood open, car locked. It charged to full and went to float in about an hour. No noises or activation sounds from the car. My only concern is although the website specs state AGM compatible, there is no specific AGM mode like the MXS series had. I sent an inquiry to CTEK to see if they can provide some clarification.

So far so good though. I will update if there are any issues with the car or battery life. The professional charger is pricey compared to a regular consumer models, but simpler than any of the workarounds I have read about so far.
Appreciate 1