08-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #11
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
I went in today my impressions are below. I thought it was an event. I expected to see lots of people there but only another person was checking it out. Anyway the car was in the showroom, I checked it out and took lots of video. It's in my story on IG if anyone wants to see. It's @ phoenixbmwlife

Anyway here are my impressions. I only spent about 30 minutes checking out the car and I have not driven it as yet.

Pros:
The car looks very good. BMW did a great job with the design. I love the double bubble CF roof, and the other CF exterior parts. Together with all the curves it makes it look very sporty. The exterior design looks better in person than in photos. Especially the rear. I wasn't sure how it would look as in the pictures some angles make it look ugly. But in person especially the rear looks really good. It's a very aggressive exterior design, and if you're into that you will really love this car.
The seats hold you in nicely. There's lots of support. The center console I have to admit I didn't like originally. But I see they tried to keep a similar design from the old 8 series interior. It's grown on me a lot more. I think it's very nice. I'm really digging the two digital displays. It makes the car look futuristic or it upgrades it for this era of cars.
The gear shift knob design is pretty cool also and there are lots of buttons everywhere to play with.
The new wheels are nice but I prefer the blacked out wheels from the M4CS. I think this will look amazing on this car.

Cons:
The car doesn't feel very special to me. This is supposed to be the flagship model but in all honesty (yes I'm going to say it) it really should have been labeled the M650i. When I sit inside the interior is nice but it doesn't feel special. I'm using the word special because again this is the top of the line series. It supposed to feel special. Same thing with the seats. Although they provide ample support and it is a new design, it just not nice enough. The M760i to me feels more special and it's already a little dated.
In the center console there is an area to store things. The cover feels like flimsy plastic. Not something that should be in this tier of a BMW model.
The rear leg room is basically non existent. If you're short like 5 feet 2 inches then maybe a child can fit back there, but at 6 feet the seat was basically all the way back, with the back of the front seat almost touching the edge of the rear seat. If you need room for passengers you probably should wait for the GC.
The trunk space is a decent size, but the hole is very small. Large suitcases may be difficult to fit in the hole. It reminded me of the Chevy Camaro's trunk.

Final impressions I'm a little disappointed in this car. Although I was never in the market for the coupe, because I need the 4 doors, I am going to wait to see the M8GC to decide if that will be my next car. But BMW needs to refresh or improve on the interior for the M8GC. I suppose they will use the same seas in the current M5 and I will be fine with that. But I can't help but feel this car is missing something.

-Phoenix

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0