View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 12:04 PM   #20
Nopeecme1
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Similar But Different Circumstance

In early December, I put a pre-purchase hold on a 2019 X5 from dealer inventory. When I went to inspect the vehicle, I noticed some road rash on the front bumper assembly (extending across the entire front of the vehicle) while the rest of the car was perfect. The dealer said that (to satisfy a customer complaint) they had swapped the bumper assembly with a matching vehicle because the other vehicle assembly was missing two sensor holes necessary for the parking assistant to function. A replacement assembly with the proper number of sensor holes was on order and would be painted to match and installed in a week. Meanwhile I would see a screen message indicating the PA system inoperable.

With this explanation, I proceeded to complete the vehicle purchase. Now that the assembly has been installed, there is a visible difference between the factory Dark Graphite Metallic paint color, and the dealer coated assembly. It's primarily with the density of the metallic particles which causes the color to reflect differently. Is it reasonable to ask the dealer to order a factory painted replacement assembly, and is it even possible to get a factory paint job on a replacement part?
Appreciate 1
Nubs6111.00