03-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #218
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Glad it worked. Let me know if you see a noticeable improvement with TLA when you move to i-step 03/2021.

It's working better than ever for me, which coincided directly with my upgrade, but could also be a cloud change by BMW. Hard to tell sometimes with this feature.

It needs to learn about the different light systems, and they did say it would use cloud based machine learning to improve TLA, but what they say and what they do aren't necessarily the same
Interesting. Seemed to work well but great if the 2021 i-step improves it. I went for a drive thinking when can I get to a traffic light where I’m not following a car and as I approached a pelican crossing which is rarely used the lights went red and the car came to a perfect stop.

The next one, I didn’t realise if the car isn’t sure (conflicting red and green lights for different turns) you have to accept the red light and hit the Set button. Notification for the green light worked well too. I think I set this to early - not sure if this just controls the warning beep?

Do you know if the 03/2021 i-step fixes the HUD issue where the tachometer is displayed in sport. Really missing that!
Appreciate 0