View Single Post
      04-04-2021, 07:09 AM   #49
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
yah, it's been demonstrated that the use of Waze plus any wireless charging causes overheating while Waze plus wired charging doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamace View Post
Now I get to use MagSafe to both hold my iPhone in place magnetically and charge it at 15W (vs 7.5W using Qi), very satisfied.
looking at your mount photo, i suspect you're not actually getting the full 15W charging experience with your MagSafe charger plugged into the vehicle's USB-A port as Apple states MagSafe doesn't work with USB-A. that port only provides 1.5A, and MagSafe charging requires 2.03-2.56A to get 12-15W of charging power (depending on iPhone 12 version). immediately upon placing it on the charger, do you get the MagSafe chime and lightning bolt within a circle animation (pictured) or the regular charging chime and battery icon (also pictured)? if the latter, then you're not getting MagSafe fast charging despite using that charger. It took a few trials, but i found an adapter that provides full 15W for my MagSafe charger and iPhone 12 Pro. I can provide an Amazon link if you want it.
Attached Images

Last edited by nZtiZia; 04-05-2021 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
HZX540e373.50