View Single Post
      04-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #52
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ’23 X3 M40i Brooklyn Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
there's a Notice in the descriptions of all the adjustable console mounts that specifically states the default position is horizontal. it's likely cost-prohibitive for ProClip to provide an angled bracket with all console mounts as not all customers will want/need it, so it's an additional accessory determined by need and not part of ProClip's 2-part mounting solution (mount and device holder), which they annotate several times on their site.

i looked into that too, but could foresee a few use issues:
  • may move/interfere with passenger seat adjustment (lots of short-legged passengers!)
  • may interfere with passenger leg comfort
  • too obtuse of an angle to read or respond to texts or access work-related, FaceID secured apps and other non-CarPlay apps
it's a pretty stealthy location for folks in areas cracking down on visibly using smart devices while driving (not that i condone breaking the law...VA just started in Jan '21), and it doesn't interfere with air flow or HVAC buttons like their ventilation dash mount, which i still settled for. still curious with it being that low, how far do you have to tweak your upper torso/face to engage FaceID?
Regarding your first point, when I ordered the exact same mount for my Audi S5 last year, the angled bracket was glued on and it all came in the same order without specifying so I assumed this one would as well. Again, could have been more clear but lesson learned and hopefully won’t need to order another mount for a while

Placement is actually really good. No issues with interference in the passenger legroom at all. I was worried about that as well but it fits well.

I agree with your concern about the angle of the screen, however, it does unlock with Face ID so I’m happy about that. Still considering getting another rotating joint to put the angle bracket on to really get a better view.

Everything is a trade off unfortunately. I was more worried about the vent and buttons getting covered with the other mount.

I need some driving time to really see how well it works as is but the fit is good.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4656.00