12-28-2018, 12:46 PM   #125
Phytonicfreak
Awaiting X5
Rep
Drives: 2019 X540i Phytonic Blue

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Phytonic - congratulations! That's pretty great that your X5 is making progress during the holidays. The factory shuts down for a few weeks but it sounds like vehicles are still moving.

My X5 and RoadKillRob's X5 were both Boston bound. I was in "awaiting carrier" for a little less than 4 days. I think RKR was 3. Good news is, once you are "dispatched from the factory", it takes 2 days to get to the dealer in the Boston area. I originally though mine took 3 days but found out the online tracker was a day behind.

My guess is your truck will be at the dealer within a week (with the New Years holiday adding time). Where is your dealer?? Peabody?

P.S. Both RKR and I were stuck in QC for a good amount of time. Doesn't really mean much - other than - there were likely parts back ordered for your X5. Especially if you had the Parking Assistance Package - sounds like there were camera shortages. Or something to that effect.
Thank you L-Dog! I did order Parking Assistance, so thanks for the reassurance on the QC stay. My dealer is in Boston- Herb C. Did they use United Road for your delivery? Sounds like you are enjoying that driver assistance package on 128!
Appreciate 0