View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #11
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. I take everything into consideration, floor drain and sealing is a good idea and one I hadn't really given any thought to before.

Ultimately, if we get a third car, I just plan on building a shed and putting all the lawn / snow equipment back there and that opens up another bay for the third car.
I don't know if you really need a floor drain. I did have my garage floor coated/painted. I made sure to have the virgin concrete pressure washed, dried, and then painted before I drove any car into the garage. I periodically spray down/wash the garage floor. I just bought a floor squeegee to push the water out. Just make sure the concrete is poured correctly with a slight incline to ensure any water doesn't run back towards the house.

ETA: Something minor. But you might also want to have pre-wire put in for your garage door opener and sensors. It bugs me to no end having the wiring for my garage door opener sitting out on top of the walls/ceilings. I've tried to make it as neat as possible but it's still there.
Appreciate 0