View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #13
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

All great ideas as mentioned.. but I'm surprised that when mentioning a lift.. you guys should also make sure that the concrete slab itself is 4" thick or more. The minimum recommended thickness is 4" to mount a lift. When I bought my place I did manage to find the builder and he said it is 4" at the back and tapers down to the front, so there's no way it's "enough" for a lift. Also drains in the garage are against code/the law where I am... and as the garage has settled the pitch is not enough for me. I had to buy garage mats for the winter because the ice/snow can generate a TON of water (vs just rain water in the summer). These are basically large mats with edges so it doesn't let water drain to other parts of the garage when the slope isn't perfect (and most likely it will change as the concrete etc settles over time). As many electrical plugs as possible.. depending on how you arrange things you'll run out fast. Definitely agree on lighting, even having a couple of different zones to turn on. I know this is an aesthetics point of view, but I think the double 9ft doors suck compared to a single door. I believe I might have 9ft wide doors, but the largest thing I get in is the minivan, and it seems VERY tight.. If I had a single door you can err a little in each direction vs learning how to replace side mirrors when others hit them (thankfully not me yet).

Last edited by rice_rocket88; 01-02-2020 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0