Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dds007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
How many miles on the '21? Sounds to me like maybe the car just hasn't fully settled in yet.

I seriously doubt that BMW would alter the tune from '20 to '21. With all the automation in manufacturing now, I doubt that your car is out of spec.
I'm at 12XX Miles.
I've got a 20 X5MC with about 8800 miles. 7000 of which has been using a Racechip. My car is a straight beast.

My suggestion is to drive the M harder once you're back from the break-in service. Go find some 100 Octane fuel, throw a couple gallons in on a low tank and mash the throttle until the tank is empty. Run thru the gears manually, get up to redline, let off throttle and let the RPMs fall without shifting. do this several times in a row followed by a cooling cycle. This should accelerate the wear-in process of the gaskets, seals, gearing, etc. without being abusive.

Bed in the brakes too, which will not only add stopping performance, but also get you to hard accelerate the car repeatedly. you can follow recommended procedures from StopTech or Brembo, but I prefer StopTech's. Do this often if you don't use your brakes hard on a regular basis.

FWIW, this is only my opinion, and it is controversial, but I believe if you want the best performance out of the engine, drive it hard from the get go. I did make it to the break in service before any launches, hard kick downs, heavy braking, etc. but if you want the most out of your high performance car, drive it like it's intended. The engine will open up and you'll be a happy camper. sounds to me like you want max performance so also consider a tune or Piggyback for the extra grunt
Appreciate 0